2018-02-11 10:13:17 编辑：无 浏览：(38次)
1. Sally couldn’t find theclassroom until after the class had begun.
2. Jean is taking a sick leave fromwork for the summer.
3. Henry is supposed to be at workat 8 o’clock, but he arrived at 9 this morning.
4. It certainly was kind of Jean tosend me flowers when I was sick.
5. William drove George’s car fromGeorgia to New York without stopping to sleep.
6. Fewer people came to the meetingthan we had expected.
7. The professor apologized for notannouncing the test earlier.
8. Mary is leaving her job forgood.
9. John has some money but notenough to buy groceries.
10. Henry spent five hours knockingon doors, but he didn’t sell a single magazine.
11. They expected eighty people atthe rally, but twice that many showed up.
12. We were supposed to meet Fredand Mary at the movies, but we are broke.
13. The contractor said the repairson Frank’s house would be very expensive, but Frank decided to have the workdone.
14. I should have studied lastnight, but I was too tired.
15. John refused to go to thebanquet although he was going to receive an award.
16. Agnahasn’t gone to amovie for years.
17. He likes sugar in his coffeebut nothing else.
18. Arnal was embarrassed to tellhis date that he didn’t have 15 dollars to pay for the meal.
19. The man offered $1000 for thecar, but George shook his head.
20. Harvy’s faceturned bright red when the teacher asked him a question.